AustCham Mauritius represents Australia as a significant power in the Indian Ocean and Mauritius as its gateway into Africa.
It is a 'not for profit' association which provides networking opportunities for its Members with the aim of promoting and developing business and trade relationships between Mauritius and Australia.
AustCham objectives are achieved by provision of topical events, networking functions and providing assistance to business development through access to Australian and Mauritian Government Agencies, institutions and commercial businesses. This is achieved by:
- Monthly social business functions.
- Cultural events.
- Business programs covering a variety of topics of interest to Members.
- Active website with topical news updates.
- Working closely with the Australian High Commission and Austrade in relation to high level resources and Australian Government visits to Mauritius.
- Organising roadshows to Australia to promote the opportunities that Mauritius brings for African investment.